Prior to exploring this module, I can genuinely say that I had no idea how common child homelessness is in America. My knowledge was limited on this topic because I have personally never known a school aged child or even acquaintance that had to experience this. Also, I have never been exposed to this situation via social media or news networks. The film, The Homestretch, provided a raw new perspective for me concerning the topic of child homelessness. I could have never comprehended the severity of this critical issue until I viewed this film. It further emphasized the point that teachers truly do not know what a child goes home to or experiences after the 3:00 bell at the end of the day. The unedited, true stories of the children in this film demonstrates that not all children are given a fair shot at life. This became apparent to me during the part of the film where the teacher and Roque, a homeless student, were discussing his future co...
Comments
Post a Comment